Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Artwork


blog challenge: Look at the wall hangings on your walls. (family portraits excluded) Post a photo of your favorite one and write about it on your blog. Where did you get it? Why do you love it?
We have a lot of artwork on our walls - we try to buy special pieces when we travel so it was very hard for me to pick a favorite - in fact I still couldn't but this piece spoke to me today. I love the texture of the painting and the fact that it is painted with dark colors but still shows light. I saw this at a speciality store in Omaha and commented to Don that I like it and thought it would go well above our lawyer's bookcase. About a month later, I received the painting as one of my birthday gifts. :)

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Really beautiful Jayne! Half masculine, half feminine, pleasing to both sexes. (in my female opinion! LOL) That frame is gorgeous!

marcibun said...

The frame is beautiful, and I love the dark colors. You get the beauty of the flowers without it being too feminine. Nice choice!