Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Chicken Scampi

Suzanne's blog challenge this week was to share a recipe that I am "famous" for - I wouldn't say I am famous for this but it is a recipe that my family requests often and it is an easy, tasty dinner to make so I thought I would share it with you! You can see a layout I made of this recipe for my Kitchen Keepsakes album below :)

Chicken Scampi

Chopped Garlic to taste (3 cloves or more)
1 cup chopped green onions
2 Tablespoons of butter
1 Tablespoon of olive oil
1 pkg. boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into pieces
Salt/Pepper to taste
Basil/Marjoram to taste (light)
1 pkg. sliced fresh mushrooms
1 can diced tomatoes
1/4 cup of lemon juice (or to taste)
1 Tablespoon of sugar (or to taste)

Saute garlic and onion in butter and oil until tender. Add chicken, salt, pepper and seasonings. Cook until chicken is done. Add everything else and simmer to mix flavors. Serve over rice. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Oooh YUM! I'll have to give this one to Glen to try! LOL

KariAnnS said...

Ooohhh I always need new recipes!

Pamela said...

It does look like a good recipe and I love the design of the page. :)