Tuesday, January 20, 2009

History in the Making

I will be the first to admit that I am not that "into" politics. It is not that I do not care - I do. It is that (without going into great detail) I generally think that by the time someone is running for the Presidency they have made so many promises that there is no way they can keep them all. And frankly, I get disgusted with all the negative political ads during the race - didn't they ever learn if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all?

That being said I recognize that today is a day of celebration and hope for our country. Whether you voted for Obama or not is not important at this point - what is important is that we band together and take an interest in what is happening around us.

This is no doubt a historic day in our great country. Only time will tell if Obama will be a great leader but he is a figurehead that has brought hope to many people and for that I am grateful.



No comments: