Sunday, June 17, 2007

One single "fa-fa"

Don was cleaning out the garage the other day and he came in with this "Look what I found." One of the kid's old pacifiers. I can not even tell you the emotion this one little "fa-fa" (what Sam and Abbie both called them) sent through me. One on hand - relief that I don't have babies anymore and all the things that go with that. On the other hand - a deep longing to hold MY babies one more time.

I could not bring myself to get rid of this last fa-fa, so it will sit right where I can see it in my scraproom. I hope that it will remind me to treasure each day because time will keep marching past and I want to enjoy the ride!

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Awwwwwww, memories. You can come hold baby Abigail soon. :) Thanks for the reminder to cherish every moment. :)

Suzanne said...

Hugs! I totally understand your conflict. It passes. LOL You need to do a page! :-)

Bethany E. said...

This is funny, because when I went to visit my dad recently he had found one of Sophie's "nitzers" and put it into a time capsule to be opened in 25 years (along with a bunch of other things). I'm sure that's how I'll be feeling when I see that little pacifier again :)

Tams said...

Bought my older son a pair of SIZE 10 shoes yesterday, and had much the same experience looking at the baby shoes. HOW can MY baby be that big?! You definitely need to do a page.