Monday, August 18, 2008

Back to School!

Well - it is official! School started bright and early this morning. I am sad that summer went by so fast and I will miss the kids but there is certainly a little excitement and "buzz" in the air about a new school year. :)

Jacob (7th grade) had mixed emotions about going back but also a pretty positive attitude about trying his best. "School is school mom but the first day is always a little exciting."

Sam was so extremely excited he could hardly wait. He started 5th grade this year at the middle school (which is 5th through 8th here) and he was thrilled about switching classes, having a locker combo etc...plus he gets to ride the bus home from school with Jacob. Happy boy!
Abbie was also happy about school starting and said she was ready. She is in 4th grade and the only one of the three at the elementary school still. (I think she was a little sad that Sam was not there with her this year.) But regardless she left the car with a smile and a spring in her step.


Can't wait for them to get home to tell me all about their first day :)

5 comments:

marcibun said...

School started for us this morning too! Doesn't it feel wayyyyy too early? I feel like I got gyped out of an extra 2 weeks with my kids...but they'll be getting out now in May so I guess that makes up for it. ;)

Angie Moses said...

They all look pretty awake - I hope mine are as bright-eyed and bushy-tailed next Monday when they go back to school!

Becky said...

They look like they are excited! Can't wait to hear how their first day went!

Stacey said...

They are all so adorable ready for the first day! Wonder how long their excitement will last!! Don't hate me...I've tagged you on my blog. ;)

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Wow they have gotten so big Jayne.... they looks so happy and excited to start!!