Monday, March 9, 2009

Finally gone!

As of today, we can officially say that we sold our house in Omaha. The closing is finished, the utilities are changed over and the sign is out of the yard. Just like most people in this housing market, we took as Don says "a bath" on the house. It is sad that we had to sell it for so much less then we could have a few years ago but honestly I am just relieved. I feel like I can fully invest myself in our new home and our new state now that all of our ties to Omaha are behind us.

It was a nice house and we spent 5 years of our lives there - many happy memories but after 10 months on the market the only thing left for me is relief. So it is a happy day indeed!

6 comments:

Amy @ Positively Splendid said...

Hooray for a fresh start, Jayne! I am so glad the house has finally sold!

Becky said...

Wonderful news!!!!
I am relieved for you. (hugs)Having been in your shoes I know what you mean about the relief you feel after it finally is sold.
Have fun settling into your new home!

Lee said...

What wonderful news, Jayne. There is NOTHING nice about selling a house. To have yours sold in a year is such a relief. Good for you. Enjoy moving onward :)

Stacey said...

COngrats on selling and putting that behind you!!!!

Stacy said...

I am happy to hear that you were able to sell your house and breathe a sigh of relief. I'm sorry that you didn't get out of it what you would have a few years back, but at least you can now fully focus on making a complete fresh start!

Denise said...

Congrats on selling the house! That's such great news!!!